Protect Your Wealth and Start Paying Yourself
The freedom to live the retirement lifestyle of your choice with more time to spend with your friends and family can make your retirement years truly enjoyable. However, this is not the time to become complacent about your financial initiatives. Stay open to new ideas and opportunities to leverage your money, even if you are satisfied with your products and their performance.
Here are some ways The First can help you fortify your financial position during your retirement years:
with online banking and bill pay and no-charge ATM services
You’ll reduce the time it takes to pay your bills and save on the expense of printed paper checks and postage while helping the environment as well.
Online Banking - Check balances, transfer money, or pay loans.
Bill Pay – Pay Bills on line on time every month! The best part it’s free to customers!
Convenient “Direct Deposit” Service
Save the time and expense required to prepare, transport and deposit transactions, by conveniently making remote deposits from your home or office at any time of day or night. Our simple, web-based interface integrated with an inexpensive flatbed scanner and our online banking service lets you electronically deposit checks into your account for improved cash flow. To learn more, go to Direct Deposit.
Decisions about the disposition of your estate, a living will, burial and funeral arrangements can be made now so your wishes will be known and your family will be relieved of making important decisions under duress.
This a convenient place to store important items that would be difficult or impossible to replace. The First's safe deposit boxes offer privacy and in most cases, greater security. Than keeping your valuables and important documents elsewhere. Additionally, some insurance companies charge lower insurance premiums on valuables kept in a bank's safe deposit box instead of at home.
Tips for Effective Financial Management
- Take advantage of senior discounts wherever you can, and don’t be shy in asking for them.
- Do not invest with someone you don't know. Scams targeted at retirees abound. Your investment opportunities should be carefully researched and verified by reputable professionals.
- Be informed. From your investments to your insurance you’ll want to audit your current portfolio and policies and make the necessary changes to reflect your needs and preferences as a retiree.
- Create a complete and detailed listing of your financial, investment, insurance and trust products and put a copy in your safe deposit box.
- Ask a The First trust professional for a free estate planning guide.
Some Financial Calculators for Retirees...
Our calculators can help you determine what you need to achieve your goals and stay on budget.
For help determining the best accounts and products for sound and productive money management during your Retirement Lifestage, please contact us at 855-257-2265 or email us.