In 1995, a few friends got together on a back porch near Hattiesburg, MS and talked about creating a bank that would take care of people… and The First was born. Now, that dream has grown from a back porch to cities and towns all over South Mississippi, Louisiana, & South Alabama. The First is more than a bank… because it is still a group of friends building relationships and taking care of business one customer at a time!
The First is committed to giving back to the communities where we serve to ensure a brighter future for everyone. We strive both as a company and as individuals to improve the quality of life in our communities. The First delivers banking and credit needs to each community, including low- and moderate-income individuals. This is achieved through grants and initiatives, affordable housing, community development lending, investments, and our employees who volunteer their time and talents in each of the communities we serve.
The First CRA Public Files
The First is pleased to provide information for public inspection under the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). Interested parties can review the data provided and produce hard copy of documents as needed. If you need more details send us a message at email@example.com.
Enacted by Congress in 1977 with the intention of encouraging depository institutions to help meet the credit needs of their surrounding communities particularly low and moderate income neighborhoods. The CRA requires federal regulators to assess the record of each institution in helping to fulfill its obligations to the community. This record will then be used in evaluating certain criteria, including their activities related to community development.
- All public comments received for the current year and the prior two calendar years.
- A copy of the Public Evaluation of the bank’s most recent CRA Performance Evaluation.
- List of branch locations including hours of operation.
- Branches opened or closed by the bank during the prior two calendar years.
- A description of Personal Products & Services and Business Products & Services, available. Questions regarding transaction fees or cost of services should be directed to your nearest branch location.
- A description of Personal Products & Services and Business Products & Services, available in Alabama. Questions regarding transaction fees or cost of services should be directed to your nearest branch location.
- A map and tract listing for each assessment area designated by the bank.
- A copy of the HMDA Disclosure Statement provided by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) pertaining to the bank filing for the prior two calendar years.
The First Community Development Mission Statement
It is a primary mission of The First, A National Banking Association to promote community development in the communities we serve through the provision of financial products and services to residents and to businesses located there, and to provide development services in conjunction with its provision of financial products and services.
Sponsorship - Donation Application — This is a secure online submittable PDF form; successful submission requires Adobe Acrobat. You may download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF viewing and submission.